lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <kelvin-li...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: Deleting fields from a Document
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 05:28:56 GMT
This brings me to a related discussion:  in-memory and index Field
representations.

Does an in-memory Field guarantee access to its name and value? Say I
retrieve a Field from a Document A, and add it to a new Document B.
Before writing B to the index, I delete A. Would B still contain the
Field? If so, does it work for both String-based and Reader-based
values?

Regards,
Kelvin