lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Clemens Marschner" <c...@lanlab.de>
Subject Re: Let me get started
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:37:45 GMT
>Now where should I place these jar files? In the /lib dir?

Yes.

>I am having MS SQL Server, Will this help me get my work easy?.
<

MS SQL Server and Lucene are two completely different things. It's like
talking about apples and pears.

>I need to search for .jsp files and .html files. Is this possible?

You want to index .jsp files???? Or do you mean the data that comes from
your database?
Regarding HTML files: yes you can index anything you want with Lucene, but
you have to do some manual steps. See
http://lucene.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/faq/faqmanager.cgi?file=chapter.indexi
ng&toc=faq#q11 for a pointer.

>Is there any website running with Lucene? Please guide me.
<

See http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/powered.html
which by the way is a page you should have read before posting ;-)

--Clemens