lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Herman Chen" <hc...@intumit.com>
Subject Question on having IndexReader and IndexWriter simultaneously
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:48:42 GMT
Hi,

According to my experimentation, I am unable to create an IndexWriter
while any IndexReader/Searcher is open on the same index.  Since I have
all search threads share one IndexReader, each time I need to create an
IndexWriter I have to wait until all searches are done so that I can close the
IndexReader.  Only then I am able to create an IndexWriter.  Does this
concurrency problem really exist?  Because one problem I have now is
starvation of modification threads.  Thanks.

--
Herman