lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: Size limit for indexing ?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:20:22 GMT
The size of the document is limited only by the OS constraints and 500 kb is
really small, I have documents in the hundreds of megs it's fine .. check
you indexing and searching you might find the problem there also are you
using wildcard searches because they don't work from both sides

Nader Henein

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe GOGUYER DESSAGNES [mailto:cgd@arcadsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 12:08 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Size limit for indexing ?

Hi,

I use lucene 1.2 and I index a text document wich size is near 500 ko.
(I use Field.UnStored method)
It seems that only the beginning of this document is indexing !
If I search a term that is at the end of this document, I don't find it (but
If find term at the beginning).
So, I split my document in 2 parts and index them, and now it works fine.

Is there a limit size for indexing a document ?

Thx.
-----
Christophe

For additional commands, e-mail: