lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Pace <jmp...@fedex.com>
Subject RE: Your experiences with Lucene
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:08:47 GMT
Our implementation contains 1.4 million documents for a 1 GB index.  We use
date sorting and term highlighting with a searcher "pool" created from the
Jakarta Commons project.  Performance is extremely fast.

Jonathan Pace
FedEx Services

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Jones [mailto:timothy.jones@mongoosetech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 2:03 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Your experiences with Lucene

Hi,

I am currently starting work on a project that requires indexing and
searching on potentially thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of text
documents.

I'm hoping that someone has a great success story about using Lucene for
a project that required indexing and searching of a large number of
documents.
Like maybe more than 10,000. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if
Lucene's performance will be acceptable where the number of documents is
very large.
I realize this is a very general question but I just need a general
answer.

Thanks,

Tim J.