lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Materna, Wolf-Dietrich (empolis B)" <Wolf-Dietrich.Mate...@empolis.com>
Subject AW: How to count number of entries
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:55:50 GMT
Hello,

>I want to write a function countIndexEntries(key) to find out how many
>entries are there in the index database for a key. I read the faq entry
>about counting number of hits, but somehow it doesnt work as expected,
>please help:

>I create entries with
		indexDocument.add(Field.Keyword(FULLTEXT_KEY_FIELD,key));

indexDocument.add(Field.Text(FULLTEXT_CONTENTS_FIELD,reader));
		indexwriter.addDocument(indexDocument);

>I try to count the number of entries for a key with
		Query query = QueryParser.parse(key, FULLTEXT_KEY_FIELD,
analyzer);
		count = searcher.search(query).length();

>to find out if something is not yet indexed (count=0), already indexed
>(count=1), or index is inconsistent (count=2). But count is always = 0 :-(

>What is wrong or how to acchieve my goal with a different approach? Help is
>appreciated.
Make sure, that you reopen your searcher after modifing the index. That
means close
it and open it again. Else the searcher won't find your document, because he
doesn't
notify a new created segment containing the last changes.
Regards,
	Wolf-Dietrich Materna