lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Materna, Wolf-Dietrich (empolis B)" <>
Subject AW: How to count number of entries
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:55:50 GMT

>I want to write a function countIndexEntries(key) to find out how many
>entries are there in the index database for a key. I read the faq entry
>about counting number of hits, but somehow it doesnt work as expected,
>please help:

>I create entries with

>I try to count the number of entries for a key with
		Query query = QueryParser.parse(key, FULLTEXT_KEY_FIELD,
		count =;

>to find out if something is not yet indexed (count=0), already indexed
>(count=1), or index is inconsistent (count=2). But count is always = 0 :-(

>What is wrong or how to acchieve my goal with a different approach? Help is
Make sure, that you reopen your searcher after modifing the index. That
means close
it and open it again. Else the searcher won't find your document, because he
notify a new created segment containing the last changes.
	Wolf-Dietrich Materna

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message