lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Dan...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Your experiences with Lucene
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:03:05 GMT
Currently maintaining an index of approx 12 million documents here.

Its about an 11 GB index.  Haven't had scalability problems yet, and we have not done much
work toward optimizing things either.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Jones [mailto:timothy.jones@mongoosetech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 2:03 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Your experiences with Lucene

Hi,

I am currently starting work on a project that requires indexing and searching on potentially
thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of text documents.

I'm hoping that someone has a great success story about using Lucene for a project that required
indexing and searching of a large number of documents. Like maybe more than 10,000. I guess
what I'm trying to figure out is if Lucene's performance will be acceptable where the number
of documents is very large. I realize this is a very general question but I just need a general
answer.

Thanks,

Tim J.