lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Schaeffer, David" <David.Schaef...@ca.com>
Subject Enabling URL-based read access to the search index
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:02:49 GMT
I am planning to upgrade from Lucene 1.0 to Jakarta Lucene 1.2.  My current implementation
uses Jason Pell's URLDirectory class so that Lucene can access the search index while running
in an applet.  I modified IndexReader.java to use URLDirectory instead of FSDirectory.

Is there a more appropriate way to allow Lucene to function using URL-based file access?
I would prefer to extend classes or interfaces instead of modifying them.  I have no requirement
to update the search index from the applet.

Thanks,
David

David Schaeffer
Computer Associates