lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Grimm <...@webde-ag.de>
Subject retrieving term positions during the search process
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:59:14 GMT
Is there a way to retrieve the original term positions during the search
process invoked by Searcher.search()? In addition to the documents and their
scores we want to have access to the positions of the terms found in order
to do a highlighting. We don't want to perform a second iteration to search
the query terms in the document again for they must be contained in the
index in some way.

We would like to do something like
	TermPositions[] hits.getHitQueryTermPositions(int doc)
returning the term positions for each query term in the original document.