lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Richard Doorduin <>
Subject RE: Indexing options
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:37:27 GMT

Thanks Peter,

I know that jsp is a dynamic page, that is the problem.
but a jsp also contains static information, usualy this is html.
If index html files, it also creates some keywords to the link.
is that possible for jsp files to?

and should i write my own java application to index jsp,
or is it also possible to use the current application?

thanks for helping,

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Peter Carlson []
Verzonden: woensdag 16 oktober 2002 8:06
Aan: Lucene Users List
Onderwerp: Re: Indexing options

Lucene will index anything you ask it to index.

In order to index content, you have to create a Lucene Document object.
Lucene Document object is made up of Field's. Each field contains data.

The html indexing example parses the html text and create appropriate
Lucene Documents. If you have other content you want to index, just
follow the same example.

You question is a little strange since you want Lucene to index a
dynamic page or are you asking to index the raw jsp file?

I hope this helps a little.