lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Searching in date ranges
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:44:36 GMT
Hi Kajal,

When you create you document, create a date field. The data you put in
that date field will be a Field.Keyword(dateString)

Note when you convert the date to a string, make sure that it is in the
format yyyyMMdd

Then you can use the built-in query parser range search tokens [ ].

So an example search would be

[20020101 - 20021028]

This would search from jan 1, 2002 to oct 28, 2002.

Note that you must have a space on either side of the -

There are nicer ways to do it that don't have these limitations, but
this is the fastest.

I hope this helps.

Also, please use more descriptive subject lines.

--Peter