lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <>
Subject Re: Your experiences with Lucene
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:06:49 GMT
Actually, 10k isn't very large.  We have indexes with more than 1M
records.  It hasn't been a problem.

Tim Jones wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently starting work on a project that requires indexing and
> searching on potentially thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of text
> documents.
> I'm hoping that someone has a great success story about using Lucene for
> a project that required indexing and searching of a large number of
> documents.
> Like maybe more than 10,000. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if
> Lucene's performance will be acceptable where the number of documents is
> very large.
> I realize this is a very general question but I just need a general
> answer.
> Thanks,
> Tim J.

Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I’m pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but calling it a pu-pu platter? Huh, what were
they thinking?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message