lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <>
Subject Re: Are score values always between 0 and 1?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:16:04 GMT
Ype Kingma wrote:

>On Tuesday 15 October 2002 04:16, Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:
>>I know that the FAQ says that they are, but in at least one instance in
>>my index it appears to be equal to 1.94something. Are the scores
>>guaranteed to be between 0 and 1, and if not, what would it take to make
>>them such?
>Division by the highest score perhaps?
>I did this for a short while, but then I removed it again because information
>is lost by the division. However, it is mainly a matter of presentation to
>users, so you could let them be you guide in this.
Well, the problem is that I don't known what the highest score might be
until I run into one that is higher than the one I thought was the
highest until then... I'm trying to use this for making result from
searcher always come before another in a MultiSearcher, but I need to
know the upper bound on the scores to get this to work.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message