lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ype Kingma <ykin...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: page searchin, jython
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:27:34 GMT
On Thursday 31 October 2002 17:21, Felipe Schnack wrote:
>   What you mean with Jyton? Lucene isn't java?

Lucene is written in java, and Jython is also written in java.
Jython is an implementation of the python scripting language
that allows very easy access to java and to Lucene.

Jython ideal for importing documents into Lucene. Importing normally
requires some experimentation, for which scripting is a good solution.

Jython is even fast enough to be called back as a collector of search
results, although for this you might want to turn on the JIT.

Have fun,
Ype

See www.jython.org for more.