lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Cuttler <br...@wadsworth.org>
Subject Re: Implement Lucene web-demo using Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:53:16 GMT
Peter,

> Brian,
>
> This is a tomcat config issue. In the server.xml file in the config
> directory is where the port that tomcat listens. If you are not using
> apache with Tomcat then you can have tomcat listen directly to port 80
> by changing where it says 8080 to 80.
>
> If you are using Apache, then you have to get the connector (either
> warp or the new coyote) working and map certain urls to tomcat in the
> warp configuration file. These are all examples and issue that you can
> go to the tomcat site for.
>
> Good luck

Yes, we are looking to serve all of our documents from the
apache server at port 80. The _only_ reason we have Tomcat
is to support Lucene and the only reason for that is to provide
a search index for the site.

If there is an another/easier way...

One of the other admins at my site installed the connector, I can
provide the modified or diffs of the modified files.

I'm now looking at, what workers file ? JKMount commands ? We are
currently at the limits of the expertise at our site.

						thanks,

						Brian