lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Cuttler <br...@wadsworth.org>
Subject Implement Lucene web-demo using Tomcat
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:19:42 GMT
Tomcat and Lucene users,

Hello, I am trying to implement the lucene search web demo
run under Tomcat 4.1.10, Lucene 1.2, Apache 1.3.27 on a
Solaris 8 system.

I've been able to build the lucene index (I need to modify
the code to exclude *.txt, we only want to index the .htm
and .html files).

I'm able to search the index with the command like Java code.

I'm able to access the search web page that is placed into
the Tomcat webapps directory.

However when I run the webapp from the tomcat server (port 8080)
I get document url's of host:8080/index-results, which are
incorrect because the indexed pages are really under host/index-results,
it, not part of that server.

We believe that we've installed mod_webapp.so correctly and that
the Apache server is talking to the Tomcat Server but I don't
know how to complete the task properly.

We need to query a search web page on the primary server and
use mod_webapp.so to pass context to get proper results ? or
we need to modify the output to produce correct server information
in the output URLs ?

						thanks in advance,

						Brian

---