lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stray Toaster <...@stray-toaster.co.uk>
Subject Re: definite matching
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:49:34 GMT
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:39:18PM +0200, Materna, Wolf-Dietrich (empolis B) wrote:
> Hello,
> [Stray Toaster [mwk@stray-toaster.co.uk] wrote]:
> >One more thing, honest!
> Did you read the manual
> http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/queryparsersyntax.html ?
> It doesn't explain all details, but you can also create a small test index
> and try it out.

I did, I was just a little bit unsure, so I thought I would ask.

> >If I have a numeric field, will
> >+23
> >match 23 AND 230 AND 2345 etcetc?
> No, it matches only "23". If you want to get all numbers starting with "23"
> append a *.

I thought that, I was just checking.

> Beware if you use an analyzer with a stemmer, then the analyzer will handle
> "toasted", "toasting" and other forms as "toast".
> The StandardAnalyzer doesn't perform stemming, so you'll get, what you need.

Ah, I am using the StandardAnalyzer. But thanks for the pointer.

cheers, again!

m.
--
 I used to be 'with it'. But then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it'
and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.