lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ype Kingma <ykin...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Phrase match with wildcards e.g. "search for st*"
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:11:10 GMT
Eoin,

Get the cvs version and have a look at:

org/apache/lucene/search/PhrasePrefixQuery.java

It sais:

/**
 * PhrasePrefixQuery is a generalized version of PhraseQuery, with an added
 * method {@link #add(Term[])}.
 * To use this class, to search for the phrase "Microsoft app*" first use
 * add(Term) on the term "Microsoft", then find all terms that has "app" as
 * prefix using IndexReader.terms(Term), and use PhrasePrefixQuery.add(Term[]
 * terms) to add them to the query.
 *
 * @author Anders Nielsen
 * @version 1.0
 */

I don't know whether the query parser in cvs already uses it.

Good luck,
Ype