lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader.open problem
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 02:37:07 GMT
This seems like a better question for lucene-user list.

Why not just deal with IndexSearcher?

Here's a sample code I wrote a while ago:

    private static final String   _paIndexDir =
        System.getProperty("foo.index.dir");
    private static long           _paIndexLastMod = 0L;
    private static IndexSearcher  _paIndexSearcher;
    private static final Analyzer _analyzer = new PorterStemAnalyzer();

        try
        {
            // if the index has been modified since opened, re-open it.
            if (IndexReader.lastModified(_paIndexDir) >=
_paIndexLastMod)
            {
                _paIndexLastMod  = new Date().getTime();
                if (_paIndexSearcher != null)
                    _paIndexSearcher.close();
                _paIndexLastMod  = new Date().getTime();
                _paIndexSearcher = new IndexSearcher(_paIndexDir);
            }
        }
        catch (IOException e)
        {
            _log.error("Could not open/close IndexSearcher: " +
e.getMessage());
            // ...
        }

_paIndexDir is an instance of String.