lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject Re: How to include strange characters??
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:29:56 GMT
i had such problems with norwegian characters and it resolved into
making sure the querystring has the same encoding as the index has.

since this is again a java.lang.String encoding question i had these
problems with querystrings coming from java Servlets and CLI. For both
the quickfix was to re-encode the query in UTF-8/16:

String querystring = argv[0]; ' String querystring =
httprequest.getParameter("query");
querystring = new String(querystring.getBytes("UTF-8"));

this fixed my norwegian/samii problems...

mvh karl øie