lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Enabling URL-based read access to the search index
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:13:08 GMT
David,

The url-based file access piques my curiousity.  Could you point me to the
URLDirectory code?  And, if you are able/willing, perhaps to your changes to
IndexReader.java?

Regards,

Terry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schaeffer, David" <David.Schaeffer@ca.com>
To: <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 5:02 PM
Subject: Enabling URL-based read access to the search index

I am planning to upgrade from Lucene 1.0 to Jakarta Lucene 1.2.  My current
implementation uses Jason Pell's URLDirectory class so that Lucene can
access the search index while running in an applet.  I modified
IndexReader.java to use URLDirectory instead of FSDirectory.

Is there a more appropriate way to allow Lucene to function using URL-based
file access?  I would prefer to extend classes or interfaces instead of
modifying them.  I have no requirement to update the search index from the
applet.

Thanks,
David

David Schaeffer