lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Jones" <timothy.jo...@mongoosetech.com>
Subject Your experiences with Lucene
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:02:38 GMT
Hi,

I am currently starting work on a project that requires indexing and
searching on potentially thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of text
documents.

I'm hoping that someone has a great success story about using Lucene for
a project that required indexing and searching of a large number of
documents.
Like maybe more than 10,000. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if
Lucene's performance will be acceptable where the number of documents is
very large.
I realize this is a very general question but I just need a general
answer.

Thanks,

Tim J.