lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Belanger" <rbelan...@forrester.com>
Subject Re: Problem with addDocument returning java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:16:10 GMT

Hi Terry:

Thanks for your response.  After some more debugging work I found a problem
with the way I was creating my IndexWriter.

Richard C. Belanger
Chief Technology Officer
Forrester Research
400 Technology Square
Cambridge, MA 02139

rbelanger@forrester.com
http://www.forrester.com

                    "Terry

                    Steichen"            To:     "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    <terry@net-fra       cc:

                    me.com>              Subject:     Re: Problem with addDocument returning

                                          java.lang.NullPointerException

                    09/19/2002

                    07:54 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Lucene

                    Users List"

Richard,

You need to provide a bit more info before anyone (or, more specifically,
I)
will be able to assist you.  I infer from what you've said that your source
documents are PDF?  What sort of Document class are you using?  If you
aren't checking for null fields, the sort of behavior you're describing is
inevitable.

Regards,

Terry