lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "ARJANG ASSADI" <arjang_ass...@hotmail.com>
Subject Xtreeme Newbie, trying to get demos to work
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:46:15 GMT
I am trying to run the Demo.
I couldnt find any docs on running the demo, does Lucene require Tomcat
and/or other Java WebServer technology?

I am new to java but not programming or computers, just dont know what the
firsts steps are to getting Lucene Demo to work, any hints are greately
apreciated.

Also if you could provide the link to further info so I can look it up
myself instead of clugging this newsgroup with stupid questions.
Thank you

On WindowsXP, I have lucene-1.2.jar and lucene-demos-1.2.jar sitting in the
same directory.
I have tried : java lucene-demos-1.2.jar with no luck.

I have searched the user mailing list archive with out any luck either.
I have searched http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene without any luck either.