lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Romo GarcĂ­a, Javier" <JR...@sadiel.es>
Subject Using meta tag "description" in html pages
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:38:54 GMT
Hi!
I have a problem with lucene. When it searches something the results are compossed by 2 fields,
title and description.
The description seems to be the beginning of the page, and due to the fact that all my pages
have the same beginning y need to personalize this.
Some other engines use meta tags to do this, a "description" meta tag. I think that it's not
supported now by lucene, but it's expected to be supported in the next version.
When is the next version (1.3) expected to be out?

Thanks, and sorry about my bad english

Javier Romo