lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trevor Boicey <tboi...@brit.ca>
Subject Re: has this exception been seen before
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:38:04 GMT
Robert A. Decker wrote:
> I'm wondering if the following looks familiar to anyone. This comes up at
> times when calling optimize on an index.
>
> com.medicalhost.marvinfoundation.EOIndexManager.editingContextSavedChanges
> processUpdated e:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> : 99 >= 12
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 99 >= 12

   I get that a lot, with varying numbers...

   Still holding on a solution... :<

   It seems once it starts getting the above error it'll never optimize
again, and the drive slowly fills up. (I think the optimize partially
succeeds, but leaves stray files around when it fails, so I end up with
an index directory with dozens of very large files)

   The only solution I have is to delete the index and build it again,
but with my app I only have to time that to run over a weekend. :<

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca