lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Elvin Yeo" <elvin...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Using meta tag "description" in html pages
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 18:18:11 GMT
Hi,

  That is to be done with the HTML parsing, which you can do with available
parsers. Not done by lucene. Out of scope.

-------Original Message-------

From: Lucene Users List
Date: Thursday, September 05, 2002 5:39:06 AM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Using meta tag "description" in html pages

Hi!
I have a problem with lucene. When it searches something the results are
compossed by 2 fields, title and description.
The description seems to be the beginning of the page, and due to the fact
that all my pages have the same beginning y need to personalize this.
Some other engines use meta tags to do this, a "description" meta tag. I
think that it's not supported now by lucene, but it's expected to be
supported in the next version.
When is the next version (1.3) expected to be out?

Thanks, and sorry about my bad english

Javier Romo