lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems compiling the java source codes of lucene search engine
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:04:54 GMT
Angre,

It sounds like there is more to this than compiling Lucene :)
Look inside those jars to see if that is compiled code (.class files).
If you don't know how to do that you need to learn how to use jar tool.
If you have .class files in there, you don't need to compile anything,
just put that lucene jar (or both, if you want) in your CLASSPATH.

Also, build.xml doesn't need to go in Ant's bin folder - you need to
figure out how to run Ant (i.e. this is not a Lucene issue).

Good luck,
Otis