lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and Samba
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:09:43 GMT
This looks like a bug that was recently fixed.
Maybe you can get the nightly build and try it.

Samba or no samba, if I understand your setup correctly, should make no
difference.

Otis

--- Christian Schrader <schrader.news@evendi.de> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> we are using Lucene for a while now and everything works fine.
> We recently started load balancing our tomcat 3.3 over two servers
> using
> Apache and mod_jk and integrating the lucene Index via Samba.
> Now the problem started, we get ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on the
> slave
> (the one that integrates the index via samba and is not updating it),
> like
> the one at the bottom of this eMail, when the index has changed. We
> tried to
> counteract this problem by not using a Pool of Searchers, but getting
> a new
> Searcher at each search. Still Lucene seems to be unable to access
> the
> current data, even after hours, so no samba caching should be the
> problem.
>
> Has anybody tried to implement a network lucene search using samba?
>
> Any hints are appreciated.
>
> Chris
>
> And here the Exception:
> Root cause:
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 101 >= 12
> 	at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:417)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:134)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldName(FieldInfos.java:130)
> 	at

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.readTerm(SegmentTermEnum.java:134)
> 	at

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java:114)
> 	at

org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.scanEnum(TermInfosReader.java:166)
> 	at
> org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:161)
> 	at
> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.docFreq(SegmentReader.java:205)
> 	at
> org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.docFreq(IndexSearcher.java:91)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity.idf(Similarity.java:104)
> 	at

org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery.sumOfSquaredWeights(TermQuery.java:76)
> 	at

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.sumOfSquaredWeights(BooleanQuery.java: