lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alex Murzaku <>
Subject Re: Term boosting
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:38:18 GMT
Wouldn't field boosting (the new capability added as of
be a simpler solution? I would just set the boost for the 'keywords'
field to something higher than one depending on your requirements. As
for the value of the booster, I have noticed that it needs quite some
tweaking since there doesn't appear to exist a magic formula. In a
similar situation, I just kept modifying it until I got something that
satisfied my users. It was funny because, in typical Monty Python style
we ended up deciding that "the number shall be three..."