lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: New User , How to have the search functioning
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 05:12:51 GMT
You can hack the indexer not to store the full path to the indexed file
(d:\tomcat\tomcat-jakarta\webapps\....), but only the last few pieces.
You can also convert \ to /, and index the end result.
In the search component you can then prepend http://...... to
/textdocs/xyz.htm, for example.

Ugly hacks.  If you want to index your web site, especially if it's got
dynamic content, you may want to use a web crawler.  One such crawler
in the works is LARM, and you can see it and get it from
Lucene-Sandbox.  All links and all info there is about it online.

Otis