lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Read-only mode index
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 01:21:59 GMT
Yes, that issue has been addressed and taken care of.
This is from CHANGES.txt:

 3. Added the ability to disable lock creation by using
disableLuceneLocks
    system property.  This is useful for read-only media, such as
CD-ROMs.
    (otis)

I remember somebody following up on this change and warning of a
downfall of this solution, and I remember thinking that the comment was
valid or semi-valid, but I can't remember who made the comment, nor
what exactly the comment was.
Maybe this solution needs to be fixed, but for now this should work.

Otis