lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bjoern Feustel <feus...@espresto.com>
Subject Re: Using meta tag "description" in html pages
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:04:59 GMT
Hi Javier,

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 02:38:54PM +0200, "Romo GarcĂ­a, Javier" wrote:
> I have a problem with lucene. When it searches something the results
> are compossed by 2 fields, title and description.  The description
> seems to be the beginning of the page, and due to the fact that all my
> pages have the same beginning y need to personalize this.

  first of all: Search results are composed of stored fields. You can
store whatever description you like.

I think you are using HTML-parser that ships with lucene. Since i've
never used it i cant tell you anything for this parser and how you
can decide what data will be stored.

I've used JTidy (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtidy/) to parse my
very-real-world-HTML-files. Then i decided manually what to index and
what to store. This works fine for me and i can store all information i
like to present the user.

Dont know wheter this helps,

  Bjoern