lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Index Replication
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 04:00:27 GMT
I remember Doug sending an email to the list a few months ago,
describing how the names of files are derived.

But regardless of that, you should be able to simply copy the whole
directory and distribute it to the machine where you want to store a
copy of the index.  You just have to make sure that you do it while
index is not being modified.

I've done this on UNIX machines before and it worked without any
problems.

Otis