lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject using lucene as a lookup table?
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:27:23 GMT
Hello,

I would like to use Lucene as a kind of lookup table (aka Map):

A document would have two fields:

- the first field would represent a random lookup key in the form of a
Field.Keyword
- the second field would be an object id also stored as a Field.Keyword

Which sounds fine in theory. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to quiet
work in practice: when inserting a new document and trying to look it
up straight away I usually don't get any result back for a while.

Maybe I'm simply missing something very obvious, but how does one
lookup a document that was just inserted in an index?

Though?

Thanks.

PA.