lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Murzaku" <li...@lissus.com>
Subject RE: Problems with exact matces on non-tokenized fields...
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:13:30 GMT
But indeed "POST" does not match to "POST?". If you are not tokenizing
the field, the character "?" remains there together with everything
else.

-----Original Message-----
From: karl øie [mailto:karl@gan.no]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 7:50 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Problems with exact matces on non-tokenized fields...

Hi, i have a problem with getting a exact match on a non-tokenized
field.

I have a Lucene Document with a field named "element" which is stored
and indexed but not tokenized. The value of the field is "POST"
(uppercase). But the only way i can match the field is by entering
"element:POST?" or "element:POST*" in the QueryParser class.

Have anyone here run into this problem?

I am using the 1.2 release version of Lucene.

Mvh Karl Øie