lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ben Litchfield <...@csh.rit.edu>
Subject Re: pdfbox on solaris
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:59:20 GMT

I know that there are some memory issues with some documents.  The next
release of pdfbox fixes some of these.  Although I am not sure why it
would run differently under windows than solaris.  Off the top of my head
maybe the solaris JVM uses more memory per object than the windows JVM.
The easiest workaround is to increase the maximum heap size(mhs) of the
jvm using the -Xmx option of the jvm.

Example:

java -Xmx128m <java app>

The default mhs of java is 64m since JDK1.2 so maybe try 128 or 256.

-Ben

http://www.pdfbox.org