lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: A question about indexing
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:25:15 GMT
That's how Lucene indexes, I guess what you're doing is you're
initializing the index writer every time you want to add a file
witch would delete the previously existing index. Make sure you only
initialize the index writer ex:
writer = new IndexWriter(indexPath,Analyzer,true);
only in the beginning when you're first creating the index

Nader Henein

-----Original Message-----
From: karimi hadi [mailto:karimi_hadi@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 4:16 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: A question about indexing

I want to index some documents with lucene in one
FSDirectory. I want to do it in defferent sessions.
In each try, Lucene overwrites the older data in the
FSDirectory.
I want to index my documents in the incremental manner
that it seems to be not an unusual approach.

Is it possible to use Lucene in this way? If yes, How
I can do it ?

Best Regards.
Hadi .

For additional commands, e-mail: