lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject RE: Lucene is not closing connections to index files
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:18:19 GMT

yes, you are right. you have to close the searcher to release opened files.

> This is how I am querying the index:
>

> Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(index_path);
> Query query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, "body", new
> StandardAnalyzer());
> hits = searcher.search(query);
>

> index_path is just the location of the Lucene index files.  I
> am sure that a
> Reader class somewhere is not being closed properly.  Has
> anyone experienced
> this problem when querying the index?

it's not bug but feature. lucene don't close files after searching only if you call the close()
method. the cause: it's very slow to reopen the files.

you should check the discussion about searcher cache (see mailing list archive)

peter