lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject batch indexing
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:19:43 GMT
Hello everybody,
there were a lot of discussion about batch indexing. I've attached a BatchIndexWriter class
that can speed up the indexing. I haven't tested (release early release often).

Unfortunatly one has to modify lucene code to use it: add two methods to IndexWriter.java

  /** Sets the analyzer which the text will be analyzed with.
   */
  public synchronized void setAnalyzer(Analyzer a) {
      this.analyzer = a;
  }

  /** Returns the analyzer that is used to analyzer the text.
   */
  public synchronized Analyzer getAnalyzer() {
      return analyzer;
  }

Developers! Couldn't you add these methods in the cvs? they're very helpful if one wants to
make a wrapper or decorator class.

peter