lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From panhenryk <panhen...@supermaczo.pl>
Subject wildcard preceding term solution
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:00:57 GMT
Hello,

      I modified QueryParser.jj to allow wildcard queries beginnig
with * or ?., so queries like *cene or ?ucene will work. As far as I
understand queries beginning with wildcards will cause slower (linear)
index searches.
I havent tested it too much (it may break parser
behaviour for some advanced queries) but it seems to work fine
for me.
Technically <WILDTERM> definition was modified to allow begining
with * or ?.

Cube                          mailto:kubad@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl

P.S I've attached QueryParser.jj for Lucene 1.2
P.P.S I'm sending this message for second time becouse the first one
seems to be lost.