lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene newbie needs advice
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:55:03 GMT
Sharing a read-only index is not a problem, as long as both machines
running Tomcat can access it.  That is, you would have to NFS-mount the
disk/partition with the index.

Or you can use something like dist or sdist with rsync to send a single
index from the machine where you create and update your index, to all
the Tomcat machines that need to read it when people perform searches.

Otis