lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <vict...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Modifying document with unstored fields
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:09:12 GMT
Hi,

We have a situation where we have a large collection of documents, which
consist of both stored and unstored fields, and we'd like to add/modify a
stored field on an existing document.

It seems the only way this can be achieved is to delete the document, and
then re-create it. However, this will only perserve stored fields, the
unstored field information will be lost.

In our application, the unstored fields consist of very large data, and it
would not be desirable to store them.

Are there any ways in getting around this problem?  Thanks.

--
Victor Hadianto

NUIX Pty Ltd
Level 8, 143 York Street, Sydney 2000
Phone: (02) 9283 9010
Fax:   (02) 9283 9020

This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or
attachment is strictly prohibited.