lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karen bran <kgbluc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help on Hacking HTMLParser.jj file to make the jsp tag <%%> as a comment tag
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:33:35 GMT

My problem is not on how to indexing the jsp files. By adding one extra else statement in
the IndexHTML.java such as  file.getPath().endsWith(".jsp") , you can easily indexing the
.jsp files as well.
My real problem is after the jsp files is indexed, the search result will show the jsp tags
<%@page import=............... as the search Summary text. I tried to hack the HTMLParser.jj
file and make the jsp tag <% %> as a comment tag. After doing this hack, the search
result still shows up the <%@page import=...... as the summary text. So I believe the comment
tag hack I did is not successful because I don't understand the garmmar of the Javacc. I just
copy the code of the existing commet2 Tag definations in the HTMLParser.jj.
If someone had the experience hacking the HTMLParser.jj to make jsp tag as a new comment tag,
Please help me out!
I appreciate for any help!

 don.hillmuth@ps.ge.com wrote:Karen,

I need to index .jsp files too. I was wondering if you made any progress
using a web-crawler?

Don

Don Hillmuth
GE Network Solutions