lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Minh Kama Yie" <m...@nuix.com.au>
Subject performing NOT queries
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 07:17:04 GMT
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Lucene so this question may seem a little obvious but I'm having some
problems which may be a result of a misunderstanding on my part.

A description of my problem is as follows:

I have indexed 30 documents and then create a BooleanQuery as follows:

query.add(QueryParser.parse("myValue", myFieldName, myAnalyzer), true, false);

I then execute it against the indexes and receive 25 documents back.

So I was to then execute the a boolean query constructed like:

query.add(QueryParser.parse("myValue", mFieldName, myAnalyzer), true, true);

I _should_ get the other 5 right?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance guys, you guys do awesome work.

Regards,

Minh Kama Yie

This message is intended only for the named recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action
in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.