lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Minh Kama Yie" <m...@nuix.com.au>
Subject using NOT in queries and searching using more than one filter
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 05:29:31 GMT
Hi guys,

Not to be annoying but I'm still stuck on my problem with "NOT".
It seems that I get a set of (n-2) results for a Query (where 'n' is the total number of documents
indexed) but when I inverse that query, but either:

- putting "NOT " in front of the query and running it through QueryParser OR
- manually creating a BooleanQuery with prohibited as true and required as false.

These actions dont seem to return the "2" documents I'm looking for. They return nothing.

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem or can point me in the right direction?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has ever searched using more than one filter at a time to
do searching via IndexSearcher?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Minh Kama Yie

This message is intended only for the named recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action
in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.