lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Coleman" <>
Subject Lucene is not closing connections to index files
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:24:39 GMT
Lucene is not letting go (closing) index files that are being searched.

I have not traced exactly where the problem is occurring, so I thought I
would get some ideas first from the board.  It appears that when a user does
a search against the Lucene index files, the connections to these files are
not released.  It continues to maintain a connection until the JVM runs out
of file space.  This is how I am querying the index:

Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(index_path);
Query query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, "body", new
hits =;

index_path is just the location of the Lucene index files.  I am sure that a
Reader class somewhere is not being closed properly.  Has anyone experienced
this problem when querying the index?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message