lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Avi Drissman <avi_driss...@baseview.com>
Subject Re: Lucene for OSX?
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:50:04 GMT
At 4:05 PM +0200 7/16/02, petite_abeille wrote:

>>Apple Information Access Toolkit (AIAT)
>>http://www.devworld.apple.com/dev/aiat/
>
>Well, that's basically the first incarnation of Lucene :-) And in
>fact I was thinking to use it. However it seems to be missing from
>the latest osx... If you know otherwise, where is it hidden then?

AIAT was ported to Mac OS X, and is the SearchKit.framework. (See
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks.) But it's private, and you'll get
no help from Apple using it.

On the other hand, AIAT is obsolete, and you'll get no help from
Apple using it. I was using it until I was having problems with
flushes that used to take a fraction of a second taking over twenty
minutes under OS X. Apple DTS told me to go away. I moved to Lucene,
and I wouldn't recommend starting any new development with AIAT.

Avi

--
Avi Drissman
avi_drissman@baseview.com