lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: simultaneous searching and indexing
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:12:45 GMT
I'm not sure as to the status of the FAQ but I've had this discussion
before, and I've used tested Lucene heavily during the last few months, I've
searched it during man y of my repeated full indexing sessions (witch are
extremely exhaustive) and it has not failed me once, and about a month ago I
had a related discussion about concurrent indexing and backup that might
shed some light  on your issue,
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01709.html

Nader Henein

-----Original Message-----
From: Harpreet S Walia [mailto:harpreet@sansuisoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:09 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: simultaneous searching and indexing

Hi

I was going through the FAQ and found a mention of thread safety of lucene.
>From what i understand lucene is not full thread safe . the FAQ is dated
2001 . has there been any improvements on this since then .

Is it safe to perform search and index operations on the same index
simultaneously .

Please pardon me if this question has been asked before.

Thanks and Regards,

Harpreet