lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: Size Capabilities of Lucene Index
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:43:26 GMT
since it's file system based index I don't see any limitations other than OS
max file size, and Imagine if you're data is 3 Terabytes you have monster
machines with monster memory (you'll need it) also you'll need to max up the
file handle set up on the OS and probably use a high MERGE_FACTOR.

PS: I'm hypothesizing here, so please anyone feel free to jump in

Nader Henein

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott.Clary@ey.com [mailto:Scott.Clary@ey.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 6:32 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Size Capabilites of Lucene Index

Can anyone tell me the amount of data that Lucene is able to index?  Can it
handle up to 3 Terrabytes, how large are the indexes it creates, (1/2 the
size of the data)?

Thanks,

Scott

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.  Ernst & Young LLP

For additional commands, e-mail: